Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!





If you're going to be away from your family on Thanksgiving, this was the place to be. While this is an international base with people from 43 different countries, yesterday the main dinning facility was closed to everyone but Americans so we could enjoy a Thanksgiving feast with our fellow countrymen. And boy was it a feast! The menu included 27 roasted and deep fried turkeys, sweet potatoes, green beans, mac and cheese, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie and Baskin Robbins ice cream. The room was decorated with American flags and traditional Thanksgiving colors of orange and brown. I didn't have my family at the table with me but I was surrounded with my Public Affairs family and we shared plenty of laughs as well as a great dinner. And while your dinners back home probably started with a prayer for us, we said a prayer of thanks for our great families, our supportive families back home. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: