Saturday, November 15, 2008

Movin' out!!!!!

Yesterday, my boss Captain Windsor, a Royal Navy captain, returned from his two weeks of R&R in London. Before he left, I only got to spend a day or two with him. Captain Windsor is a great guy and someone who I am really going to enjoy working for. While he's extremely knowledgeable about the media and public affairs, he also bringing an almost father-like wisdom to the team. Like myself, he knows the secret to success is taking care of the people who serve under you.

We met around noon to discuss my plan to forward deploy combat camera teams in each of the RCs;North, South and West. When the plan was laid out and the execution date of 1 December was mentioned, Captain Windsor replied, "Why wait? I love it, let's just do it now."

So the answer is "YES" and next Saturday the Multi-Purpose Public Affairs Team will take a quantum leap forward towards operating like a real news department. The plan has been discussed with each of my team members and they are fired up and ready to go. Now all we need to do is move out and start producing product.

My only concern is transmitting the imagry from the forward deployed locations back to the states. I was promised by higher authority the equipment (DVIDS) is in country and ready to be delivered. It is here, I've confirmed that. But now I'm being told it's a little old and banged up and delivery could take a little longer than expected.

Until the DVIDS are in place, I guess I'm just going to have to get creative in working the system. Stay tuned!

No comments: