Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ask ISAF & ISAF Update

My teams are doing such a good job of producing stories out in the field, I thought I'd step up our game with a couple of new video products.

I've combined their incredible print and still photography experience with my TV news background to produce a twice weekly 2-minute "ISAF Update." I'm not expecting CNN to pick it up but it does run twice a week on the Pentagon Channel. It's also a great way to inform the international media about some of the "good news" stories happening here.

Here's a link to today’s ISAF Update: http://www.dvidshub.net/vjump.php?vid=50796

General McKiernan wanted his generals to be more proactive with the media and so I came up with the idea for "Ask ISAF." Each week, we ask media around the world to send us their questions. We put the generals on a rotating schedule and every Wednesday we answer them on camera. Media can either pull quotes from the video or download it for broadcast. Last week, more than 100 media outlets around the world watch the video.

Here's a link to this week’s Ask ISAF: http://www.dvidshub.net/vjump.php?vid=50797

1 comment:

Rick Haupt said...

Dave,

Thanks for your blog, and I think these new products your folks are producing are really good!

I think your viewers may find it better to hear the questions asked verbally in Ask ISAF. The silent, viewed-only questions seem a bit awkward. Just my opinion ... keep up the great work out there!