Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Come on Monday…

Today is Tuesday, Feb 24th. In six days I will be packing up for my long awaited four days of R&R in Qatar. Qatar may not sound like a dream vacation to most of you, but I’m thrilled to packing up and heading out.

Here at the headquarters, we work seven days a week, usually 12 hours a day. After fours months of this, I am ready for a break; even if it’s just a few days in Qatar. Actually, I hear the place isn’t bad. I get to wear civilian cloths, eat at some decent on-base restaurants like Friday’s and Chili’s or hit the off-base mall. They even have a beach where a lot of US service members go swimming or jet skiing. Tour packages to some of the historic sites are also available.

To be honest, I only want to sleep in, work out and drink a beer or two. Yes, we’re allowed two alcoholic drinks per day. Come on Monday!

* While my work schedule seriously stinks, Susan is pulling equally as long hours. And even worse, Mommies don’t get pay or R&R. Susan, if I could give you my trip to Qatar, I would. You deserve it more than me.

No comments: