Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The blame game



Since I have been here, I have written about the wonders of Skype. That was before I got my new Sony Vaio laptop computer. I have downloaded Skype’s software and made sure all the settings are correct, but I have been unable to make a single call. Susan can call me, but I can’t call her.

I have literally spent DAYS trying to resolve this without any luck. If you haven't heard from me in a while, this is why.

I e-mailed Skype’s customer service several times, but they keep replying with the same automated response over and over again. I'd call but they don’t have a customer service phone number. Why is it that a phone service DOESN’T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER?

Skype's e-mails say the problem is on my end with my laptop. Sony says the problem is on Skype’s end. The Sailor who just wants to call home is stuck in the middle with no solution. Thanks Skype, thanks Sony!

No comments: