Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Stress

The past couple of weeks have been the most stressful of my deployment. Not since my days at NBC 24 in Toledo have I been so frazzled. If you knew me back then, you know exxactly what I'm talking about.

For much of February, I have gotten little sleep, bit my nails to the bone, barked at people and in general been a collasal "grump." This isn't me. I'm usually the guy whose smiling and laughing. I thought over and over again why am I so pissy and have finally come to the conclusion. Man was not meant to work seven days a week, 12 hours a day for four months straight. Toss in the pleasures working with NATO and this is enough to send anyone over the edge.


If I found out Lee Harvey Oswald or James Earl Ray hit their targets after just coming home from a deployment, especially a deployment with NATO, I would actually understand their screwed up mental state. I'm nowhere near this level of insanity, but I am more than ready to get out of the headquarters.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Remember, in less than 2 months, you'll be back in the states in another sunny patch area, that of San Diego. Our home away from home...you can do it!!
XO,
the 3 amigos!!