Friday, February 13, 2009

Little surprises

More and more boxes continue to show up here at my base in Afghanistan. And each of these boxes contain little surprises for me and my staff. First and foremost I want to thank everyone who has sent me a box of medical supplies for the hospital. As for the little surprises, I want to send out a special thank you to Don Becker. Don included in his box the latest Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue and three good cigars. Don, very cool, thank you.

While a dozen men have already leafed through the pages of my magazine, I have a special plan for the cigars. I'll smoke the first one on my last day here in Afghanistan. I'll smoke the second one when my plane touches down back in the U.S. My first stop on the road home is a week of "in-processing" in San Diego. As for the third one, that's reserved for the night I get home in Tennessee. I plan to smoke that one while sitting on my back patio drinking a beer, snuggling with my wife and watching my kids play.


Again, thank you every one of your donations… and the little surprises.

No comments: