Friday, May 1, 2009

Run for the Roses

Okay, so there weren't any roses involved, but I did do plenty of running yesterday. On Sunday, the people who run the gym put on an unusual sort of marathon. For starters, there were four different sports you could choose from; running, spinning, eliptipical or rowing. I picked running since I've been meaning to start training for October's Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC.

The ISAF Marathon lasted 12 hours long but that doesn't mean I had to run for 12 hours. Each participant was on a team of three so you would compete for an hour, have two off and then compete again for a total of 12 hours. It may sound easy... but it wasn't.

I ran for an hour straight from:
- 0600 to 0700
- 0900 to 1000
- 1200 to 1300
- 1500 to 1600

When all the miles are added up, I ran roughly 15-to-20 by the end of the marathon. Not exactly marathon distance (26-miles) but close enough for a first attempt.

After I finished running, the MPPAT headed over to Camp Eggers for the Friday night Streak and Lobster Party. I especially enjoyed the cake and ice cream. After logging as many miles as I did, I figured I earned a nice meal.

No comments: