Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was Mother’s Day. While most Americans were taking the day to thank Mom for all she has done over the past year, for me it was just an ordinary day. Not because the mother of my children is not here with me, but because I make a point to thank her every day for her efforts.

My wife is amazing! Singlehandedly, she has been holding down the fort while taking care of our two little ones. Cooking, cleaning, paying bills, disciplining, educating; she does it all and with a beautiful smile on her face.

And just when my wife thought my tour was over and help was on the way, she was the one who encouraged me to accept my general’s requested extension which will keep me here an additional four months. She did that because she knew it was in the best interest of my career and our family.

There are many words I can use to describe my wife; beautiful, loving, supportive, kind, committed, generous. I’ll just use three: My best friend!

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments: