Monday, December 22, 2008

A Christmas message from my boss

I received this holiday message posted below from my boss, CAPT Mark Windsor of the Royal Navy. It's a good snapshot of the camaraderie shared by NATO partners who are deployed during this holiday season.

Gentlemen; as we approach Christmas, I thought it would be timely to send you and your teams a brief Christmas greeting. I must say that it is not great for any of us to spend time away from our loved ones and families at this traditional time of family celebration. However, for my part, given that I have to be away from home, I could not think of a better group of international colleagues to be with; you are my band of brothers as the most celebrated naval hero of the Royal Navy Admiral Lord Nelson said of his captains. You guys and your teams are the best and I could not ask for a better team to be with or work with. As you reflect on life at this time of hope and celebration, lets all spare a thought for those who came with us on this operation from our various nations who will not be going home and count ourselves lucky. Let us also spare a thought for their families who will never spend Christmas with them ever again. May I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year. Please pass this onto all of your excellent team members.
Stay safe and God bless.
Mark Mark Windsor
Captain Royal Navy

No comments: