Sunday, December 14, 2008

A family update


For months I have been telling you all about my travels and life in theater. What I have not mentioned as much as I should is mywonderful family back home. A progress report is long overdue.

As my wife considers naming her and/or the kids a FORCE PROTECTION violation, I will keep things vague.

In short, I couldn't be more proud of my wife, [blank]. Her spirits are high and she's doing an outstanding job back in [blank] keeping the kids involved in their numerous activities. We talk at least once a day, see each other on Skype every couple of days and e-mail short "love notes" notes in between. Granted these note from [blank] consist of "you're spending too much money" or "get my picture off that damn blog," but I feel the love. [Blank], I love and miss you.

My daughter [blank] is nothing short of amazing. When I left in September she couldn't read a single word. Now my big kindergartner is reading me books over the web cam. She has a great teacher, Mrs. [blank] and her Mommy is always taking time to work with her on homework. [Blank] tells me she cries from time to time saying, "I miss my Daddy," but [blank] is a strong little girl and will get through this.

And then there's my little boy, [blank]. Since I've been gone,[blank] has really done a great job potty training [blank]. He only wears diapers at bedtime, and those are always dry in the morning. [Blank] is in preschool and is very social, making lots of friends. True, [blank] is a little rough with his big sister, but what baby brother isn't? He'll grow out of it. [Blank] also gets a little moody from time to time but my wife [blank] does a wonderful job of keeping him in touch with his feeling. [Blank] will talk to me on thephone and tell me, "I'm mad at you Daddy that you're not here, but I still love you very much."

While many people have thanked me for my service, it's my family that should recieve just as much, if not more praise. They've sacrificed so much. I really think when I get my end our tour award, my wife and kids should be standing right at my side to receive a medal of their own!

No comments: