Friday, January 23, 2009

Our new Commander & Chief


I am optimistic for our new President and the future of our country. This is my new Commander and Chief and I have sworn an oath to follow his orders. But as an American, I am also blessed with freedom of speech and the rights of a citizen to criticize authority. As I watched the inauguration, I was disappointed to see our country spend $150 MILLION DOLLARS on this changing of the guard.

I would have been really impressed with the new administration if they would have simply said, "we can't afford the pomp and circumstance right now. We're in the middle of an economic crisis." A simple swearing in live on television from the Oval Office would have been much more appropriate and fiscally responsable.

Just my opinion.

2 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

AMEN

Unknown said...

That's nothing. Wait until we see the total of the "stimulus" bill!