Sunday, January 18, 2009

Halfway there!!!

This month marks the halfway point for my deployment here in Afghanistan. Three months down… three months to go. Actually, it’s four months down, but the one month of training back at Camp McCrady doesn’t count as part of my six month orders.

I’ve found the best way to make time fly is to have something to look forward to. With a little more than 100 days left, I’m now counting down the seconds to our family vacation at Disney World. My wife and I just made reservations over Skype for eight fun-filled days at the Magic Kingdom.

This kids have been very good while Daddy has been away and deserve a big reward like a trip to Mickey’s place. And while I play with the kids, Mrs. (Blank) is more than welcome to relax poolside, get a massage, go shopping… whatever she wants! She too has well earned this vacation.

I encourage my fellow military members to contact Disney about their “Red, White & Blue Salute” package. Not only are there good discounts on rooms, military members get a free five day pass to the park and your family members get five day passes for just $99 apiece.

Here’s a link to their website: http://www.shadesofgreen.org/salute.htm

1 comment:

Chris said...

We just booked the same vacation. We can't wait to take the kids! We still have reservations at both the Caribbean Beach resort and Shades of Green because you can't purchase the Disney dining plan if you stay at Shades of Green. Still trying to figure out what's the best deal. We'll look forward to hearing what your guys think of it. Keep up the good work:) Our packages should arrive in late February, early March for the hospital.