Saturday, April 18, 2009

Change is in the wind

As new people roll in and old people roll out, I'm finding the MPPAT to be a fluid operation. The skills one person brings to Afghanistan aren't the same as the skills of the person getting on the next plane for the United States.

My three newest MPPAT members are more senior in rank. This will now allow me to step back from the day-to-day operation of the MPPAT and allow them to take change. At the same time, this will allow me to focus on the video production work being requested from the top.

I now have a:
- Senior Master Sergeant
- Master Sergeant
- Cheif Petty Officer

And while I now have more senior enlisted serving as the management team, I still expect the MPPAT to have a strong output. But no fear from me about that. These three guys are workers... not managers who sit on their tails. They've come to the table with ideas and effort.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new MPPAT takes shape as the winds of change begin to shift.

No comments: