Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Change of command

Recently the president announced a new change at the top for the fight here in Afghanistan. You’d think this would be the talk of the camp here at ISAF Headquarters as it’s an international story which directly affects us. Oddly, there’s been little talk on the subject. People here just respect the president’s decision and are pushing forward, business as usual. Will it affect me an in any way; perhaps. Just like the president picks his cabinet, a theater commander picks the generals that work for him. I’m sure when Gen. McKiernan goes, so will some of his staff. And some of those staffers are my bosses. Regardless of the reason, they’ve fought a good fight and I’m grateful for the opportunity to serve under their command. I salute them as they depart and stand ready to serve our new commander.

No comments: