Tuesday, May 26, 2009

R&R Time!!!!

For the past three days, I have been here at BAF or Bagram Air Field. I am finally heading home on R&R. Being here on this base is a different world compared to ISAF HQ. They have good food, nice accommodations, things to do in the evening and it’s big enough you don’t see the same people six times a day.

I’ve been staying in a private room thanks to the good people here at the base public affairs shop. The rooms are meant for media passing through the area but they have a spare bunk so I don’t have to sleep in the transient tent. I want to publically thank them for the berthing. If I would have had to stay in the transient tent all this time, it would have been a bad thing; a very bad thing.

The past three flights have been cancelled s I’ve been stuck in limbo with more than 150 other soldiers all trying to go home on R&R. But tonight we fly so I’ve got some packing to do. Next stop, the pax terminal.

No comments: