Sunday, March 22, 2009

Goodbye TSgt Nipper




Today, Tech Sergeant Nipper loaded her bags into a truck and headed to the airport for the long flight back home for a much deserved reunion with her son. It was bitter sweat watching Brenda leave as we became good friends over the course of this deployment. At the same time, her departure does mean that I am the next to leave, along with MC1 Nelson and MC2 Ramirez.

It will be hard not having Brenda around. Her replacement is a great guy and more than capable to fill her shoes, but it's like being the catcher who followed Johnny Bench or the guy who played Trapper John after Honeycut left M.A.S.H. It just won't be the same.

As Brenda is Air Force and I'm in the Navy, odds are we'll never work together again. But hopefully we'll stay in touch. I wish her the best and send her a huge thank you for helping me to become a better officer.

1 comment:

MomThatsNuts said...

My son, an MP part of the 10th mountian division out of Fort Drum NY will be in Afghanistan in August. I hope he has some good experiences there...

mom