Monday, March 23, 2009

The most important box


I received a VERY important box in the mail yesterday for my cause to help the Indirah Gandhi Children's Hospital. This box came from my daughter's kindergarten class. While each box has brought a smile to my face, this particular box had me grinning from ear to ear all day long.

The goal of my fundraiser for the hospital hasn't been to just raise donations for the suffering and needy children of Afghanistan. I also wanted to open the eyes of parents and children back home by having them take a little time at a pharmacy looking at a shell of medical supplies and realize how incredibly blessed we are as a country. It's wonderful to know all of my daughter's peers have now experienced this lesson.

During my years in television news, I loved using the power of the media to help people in need. I must have coordinated a dozen different on air fundraisers. Now that I'm no longer in the business, it's wonderful to see I don't need a television station to make a difference.

Thank you Mrs. Addison for your donation and helping me spread the word about people in need!

No comments: